After missing the September deadline last year, I finally managed to enrol on the Art and Design course this year. YAY!!!
I have heard very good things about this year long art course and so I decided to start with it - instead of going straight onto the degree studies. Although it was difficult to decide , apparently we do a lot of different aspects of art which is really exciting. From Analyitical Drawing to painting, to photography, sculpture, textiles etc
It was a big decision because of my past injuries, constant pain, lack of finances, having kids, not having a car - of whether I would manage to get to the venue that was some distance from us. BUT I felt it was something I wanted to do and it was an opportunity that I could not miss out on.
I had always wanted to study art - not having the best talent but more being compelled to do art from a very young age. I have always been drawn to art, design and photography as well as writing and have made my way through life on my own gaining experience and self study.
To gain a qualification would be a wonderful opportunity and would benefit me a lot considering I have been asked to illustrate a few books so look forward to gaining new skills that I can use. Formal art study is a joy and I am very excited.
I know I am not good at art nor am I very talented but its something that is within me and I am constantly drawn to it.
Studying Design last year was also great, an eye opener which I enjoyed very much although distance education was difficult due to our isolated and rural area of the world. Limited internet access and finances, power surges damaging computer equipment - were insurmountable. In the end I had to admit defeat but I really look forward to studying onsite in this Art and Design Course this year.
Lots of paperwork, studying bus timetables - trying to work it all out... In the end its a flying leap into the unknown and hoping it will all work out despite all the trying circumstances.
There are 9 people on our course - a mix of mature students and school leavers.
No comments:
Post a Comment